Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Art of Silence

Silence is an art and a privilege, especially in our age of computers, mobile phones and television. We are hardly alone with our thougths. We are living super fast and our mind gets almost no time to rest. It gets overloaded.

In silence, you are able to relax 100%. Actually all our disturbances, all our negativity is coming from words. Somebody tells us something, we read about something, we see something and we get disturbed. So when you stop the flow of information for a while, the rest that you get is really deep.
What is also important, is that you are moving away from the position of the 'doer' and you are becoming an 'observer'. You cannot participate in most of the modern time activities, so you start observing yourself, people around you, situations and so on and when you do so, you discover a deeper perception inside of you. It's really interesting to discover how much perception one has, but it usually is hidden in the depts of our mind, behind the loads of thoughts, that we have.

This is the second time, when I am being silent for 3 days, so I can tell you - there is nothing like it :) Now I am out of silence (that's why I am writing in this blog) :) Actually, I am speaking since yesterday afternoon, but I didn't have any time to switch on my computer, let alone write here, in facebook, or anywhere else.

Basically I am feeling really happy after this experience. Silence is something really amazing and I know, that all those who have experienced will agree with me. Although we were more than 80 people together in one hall, you really have the opportunity to be with yourself, which is, basically, wonderful. Of course, from time to time, you just want to poke the buddy next to you and have a good laugh together, but this will spoil the whole thing. Good thing is that you don't need to apologize to people, you don't need to explain anything to anyone. If anyone demands something from you, you can completely ignore him :)

Actually my dad also participated on this course, and he experienced the following. My father went everyday to a spring nearby, in order to get some mineral water for the course participants. For this, he was using our car. One day the car ran out of gas, so my dad, who was in silence, went to the gas station with a small piece of paper, where he had written what gasoline he wanted. He said, that people really pitied him - they thought he was dumb :D

2 comments:

  1. It`s worth trying it... I think I will, once I get the courage to! Keep on working and motivating people to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Такси ДрайвьрAugust 11, 2010 at 7:13 PM

    ...And in the naked light I saw
    ten thousand people maybe more
    people talking without speaking
    people hearing without listening
    people writing songs
    that voices never shared
    and no one dared
    disturb the sound of silence...

    Виж само Саймън и Гарфънкъл колко са били напред с материала...

    ReplyDelete